Page 12 of 81 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    vanderw is offline Member

Thanks for the quick reply. UFA releases have been region free in the past, so I'm going to take a leap of faith on the Crimson Rivers (luckily French isn't a language barrier for me).
    I'm also interested in Flammen & Citronen (I can't include the link, but its at axelmusic.dk). This is put out by Sandrew Metronome and some of their releases are Region B only, and some are Region all. Does anyone have this and can tell if it is region free? (All of Sandrew Metronome's cases say Region B, but this isn't true)

Thanks again!
    227 Blu-Ray movies
    145 HD DVD movies
    428 laserdiscs (yes, laserdiscs)

iamlilc is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jester217300 View Post
    Thanks, I erased my post when I saw your info I can't read Japanese but it definately says GAGA on the Amazon.jp page

(Dutch - Dutch Filmworks)

Also I don't remember the extras being PAL, but could be wrong.
    Whoops.

I can't confirm either, but they work on my BH200 without the region hack. But on Xploited they said the extras were PAL so I don't know?

kannisto is offline Imports enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by vanderw View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. UFA releases have been region free in the past, so I'm going to take a leap of faith on the Crimson Rivers (luckily French isn't a language barrier for me).
    I'm also interested in Flammen & Citronen (I can't include the link, but its at axelmusic.dk). This is put out by Sandrew Metronome and some of their releases are Region B only, and some are Region all. Does anyone have this and can tell if it is region free? (All of Sandrew Metronome's cases say Region B, but this isn't true)

Thanks again!
    Flammen & Citronen seems pretty interesting, I just checked it out in Axelmusic.dk again and noticed that it has Finnish subs. While I was doing the Nordic list they didn't have the specs for it yet.

I ordered one, it was my first order from there to Japan (I ordered from there once before to Finland last summer). I should be able to tell about the region code as soon as I get it, probably early next week.

The total cost for me was:
    Flammen & Citronen 2 - Disc (Blu-Ray + DVD) 1 x DKK 249,95
    DKK 249,95 (disc)
    Voucher DKK -10,00 (I guess this is because of my previous order there)
    Additional expenses: DKK 39,95 (shipping)
    Total DKK 279,90

However, according to the site they remove VAT (25%) from the price before they charge my CC, so the price should drop from that. Maybe the VAT reduction affects only the disc price part, if so the disc price would become 199.96 DKK and shipping to Japan is DKK 39.95. With the voucher counted, my total should be then 229.91 DKK which is just below $42 shipped. Not too bad since shipping is often more expensive from European stores.

Added 11 titles to the German list (mostly HMH titles + American Psycho by Concorde in the hopes that it's a better version than U.S. release) and 2 to the Japanese list ("The Art of Disney" and "Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu"). Updated region code information on various titles also.

Thanks to vanderw for the region info on many titles and Jester217300 for "The Art of Disney" info!

vanderw is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by kannisto View Post
    Flammen & Citronen seems pretty interesting, I just checked it out in Axelmusic.dk again and noticed that it has Finnish subs. While I was doing the Nordic list they didn't have the specs for it yet.

I ordered one, it was my first order from there to Japan (I ordered from there once before to Finland last summer). I should be able to tell about the region code as soon as I get it, probably early next week.

The total cost for me was:
    Flammen & Citronen 2 - Disc (Blu-Ray + DVD) 1 x DKK 249,95
    DKK 249,95 (disc)
    Voucher DKK -10,00 (I guess this is because of my previous order there)
    Additional expenses: DKK 39,95 (shipping)
    Total DKK 279,90

However, according to the site they remove VAT (25%) from the price before they charge my CC, so the price should drop from that. Maybe the VAT reduction affects only the disc price part, if so the disc price would become 199.96 DKK and shipping to Japan is DKK 39.95. With the voucher counted, my total should be then 229.91 DKK which is just below $42 shipped. Not too bad since shipping is often more expensive from European stores.
    I've ordered from Axelmusic.dk before and can confirm that they do remove VAT (which at 25%, definitely helps). Every order I've made with them has arrived fast, so I can definitely recommend them.

I am curious about several of the titles that HMH has coming out, particularly Little Fish. Does anyone have any ideas if these should be region free or not?

Thanks
    227 Blu-Ray movies
    145 HD DVD movies
    428 laserdiscs (yes, laserdiscs)

Quote Originally Posted by vanderw View Post
    I've ordered from Axelmusic.dk before and can confirm that they do remove VAT (which at 25%, definitely helps). Every order I've made with them has arrived fast, so I can definitely recommend them.

I am curious about several of the titles that HMH has coming out, particularly Little Fish. Does anyone have any ideas if these should be region free or not?

Thanks
    I think there's some risk with HMH titles until some of them have been confirmed to work OK in region A hw. Ahsoka commented earlier that he got "Once Upon a Time in China and America" (a HMH release) and that it is shown to be 1080/50i by his projector which would make it incompatible with a lot of region A hw (at least PS3). I don't know if that would be just an exception, but while there's no other feedback on HMH titles here I'm a bit wary of them.

I was thinking of trying one of their titles out though since many of them are pretty cheap in Amazon DE and I'm going to place an order for Leon soon and will add some other stuff to the same order.

My Flammen & Citronen shipped from Axelmusic already (I got the ship notice yesterday that says it will ship within 12 hours from their warehouse). Looking forward to receiving it.

My Swedish order of Trikoloren set hasn't shipped though and Megastore SE was indicating they don't have it in stock yesterday with a "usually ships in 5-9 days" note (which doesn't mean much). I guess it'll take at least a week or 2 before anything happens with that one. I noticed that CDON.com indicates now 15th of Oct as release date for this one so it may have been pushed back a week (?). Discshop.se still shows 8th of Oct as release date but it's still in pre-order state there.

EDIT: Just decided on my German order and placed it in:
    - Leon
    - The Constant Gardener
    - Little Fish
    - Lady Vengeance (will need to play with external subs)

Little Fish was only 10.90 EUR after VAT reduction. Hopefully they can ship all when Leon gets released on 24th.
    Last edited by kannisto; 10-09-2008 at 12:43 AM.

ahsoka is offline Member

Recieved House of Flying Daggers (UK) today and it's region B locked.

Quote Originally Posted by ahsoka View Post
    Recieved House of Flying Daggers (UK) today and it's region B locked.
    Do you happen to have the U.S. release as well and if yes, does this look significantly better? I'd be interested in getting an improved version of this one though I have the U.S. release already.

Arkadin is offline Member

that's what I was wondering also.
    how much improvement there is in the UK version.
    the US one was dubbed "House of Flying Artifacts" I believe.
    a real bummer about the region lock.

ahsoka is offline Member

Sorry I don't have the US release. Only took a quick look at the UK version and unfortunatly it looks like the picture has quite a lot of noise and artifacts.

Sounds like it might look about the same as the U.S. release then. Thanks for the info!

Sony Japan will release "Climber's High", a Japanese movie, on 1st of January. I guess it might not have English subs though, need to wait for specs details.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B001HUN202/

Apparently the movie revolves around the 1985 crash of Japan Airlines flight 123 which resulted in 520 deaths.

Movie's homepage:
    http://climbershigh.gyao.jp/

Movie trailer in Japan YouTube:
    http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=n6wiqOdHv-M
    Last edited by kannisto; 10-10-2008 at 06:47 AM.

Kosty is offline Member

I see Dune is available region free on Blu-ray in the French version (with English language) at Amazon.fr (Also British versions of Saints and Soldiers and The Eagle has Landed). Some of my favorite movies I don't see on USA release yet.

Whats the easiest / best way for someone here in the US to buy it (them)?

Arkadin is offline Member

I have both the UK films.
    I ordered them from Amazon.UK.
    certainly the easiest way imo.
    "Dune" is still available through Xploited.
    might be the easiest way on that one.
    ordering from Amazon.fr is so expensive of course due to shipping, and the fact that ....well those French discs are so friggin' expensive.

Kid Banana is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kosty View Post
    I see Dune is available region free on Blu-ray in the French version (with English language) at Amazon.fr (Also British versions of Saints and Soldiers and The Eagle has Landed). Some of my favorite movies I don't see on USA release yet.

Whats the easiest / best way for someone here in the US to buy it (them)?
    Try using one of the Traders via Amazon UK, Offshoredirect will deliver Saints and Soldiers to the US for 12.03, which works out at under $21 with the current exchange rate (the dollar has rallied against the pound in recent weeks - bad news for me!).

I've used Amazon sellers a lot and have no hesitation in using OffshoreDirect/OSD, Disctrade, Caiman, Markets Plus, Media Moguls or DVDlegacy.
    DVD: over 2150. BD: About 750. HD DVD: 80ish.
    PS3 Slim (region B), XBox360 with add-on (X2) , Sony BDP-760 (Region B), Sony BDP-350 (Region B), Sony BDP-350 (Region A), Panasonic DMP-BD35 (Multiregion), Limit BDP-M100 (Multiregion), Panasonic DMP-BD-110 (Multiregion).
    Currently surviving the credit crunch in the UK.

Page 12 of 81 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast