Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    kannisto is offline Imports enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by sschen View Post
    Guys,

Thanks for posting this. I ordered a copy late last week and received it today.
    Did you get the limited edition version also?

sschen is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by kannisto View Post
    Did you get the limited edition version also?
    Yes I did. Mind you, it is only a sticker inside the digipak that shows the number, mine is 577/728. So I am curious if they will continue to sell the same digipak after the 728 copies are sold? People just don't get the sticker perhaps? Or do you think they will sell the normal amaray version?

I quite like this digipak as it is very unique to the other digipak that I own. Oher digipaks in my collection are more hardcover paper type. The cover texture of this one has a cloth-like feel to it?

I'd guess they have some other type of packaging after the 728 that doesn't include the textile fabric cover, otherwise would seem kind of silly to make it numbered limited edition... I like this case pretty much too, quite unique and the small number of copies makes it feel more special too.

ahsoka is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by sschen View Post
    Guys,

Thanks for posting this. I ordered a copy late last week and received it today.
    Did you order it from Amazon China? Noticed it's listed on YesAsia as well.

http://www.yesasia.com/global/afters...0-en/info.html

sschen is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by ahsoka View Post
    Did you order it from Amazon China? Noticed it's listed on YesAsia as well.

http://www.yesasia.com/global/afters...0-en/info.html
    I bought it from a china website called goudou.com. This is mainly because their listing actually says they are selling the limited edition that kannisto got. The listing on Amazon China and YesAsia doesn't say anything about it being limited so I didn't want to take the risk of getting a "normal" version if they had sold out of the limited version.

I ordered last Friday morning in the early hours, like 1am. The next day in the morning I got a message saying it was being prepared for dispatch, and I got it today. I am very impressed with their very fast service. I used the EMS courier option as I also ordered quite a few other China titles to go with it. Here is the link to their listing for After Shock. If you are only ordering one title, then it is cheaper to order via Amazon China or YesAsia because this website charges shipping costs by weight. But if you order a few titles in one order, the shipping costs will end up being cheaper than Amazon China since Amazon China charges a flat rate of 35 RMB per title using normal airmail.

ahsoka is offline Member

OK, thanks. Good to hear the package from Gouduo was delivered so quickly. I'll be ordering (for the first time) some movies from them and Amazon.cn soon.

ahsoka is offline Member

I tried to order from Gouduo but apparently they don't have a credit card option. I could only see PayPal, bank transfer and three Chinese bank options.

Amazon China has credit card payments at least, I've only ordered by credit card (Visa) from them. There were all kinds of Chinese domestic options also though.

ahsoka is offline Member

OK, I will try Amazon China later. Their web pages are quite similar, Gouduo seem to be a bit quicker to add new releases though.

sschen is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by ahsoka View Post
    I tried to order from Gouduo but apparently they don't have a credit card option. I could only see PayPal, bank transfer and three Chinese bank options.
    No, they don't have international credit card facility so I actually paid for my order using paypal. There is also a paypal fee of 3.9% that I have to foot. Thankfully they have other discounts that offset the paypal fees. So overall with my order of about 10 titles, I believe it is still cheaper for me ordering from Goudou as opposed to Amazon China. Don't you have paypal account?

One other thing I should mention. The packaging with Goudou is superb. The ten titles were separated into three batches. Each batch is bubblewrapped, then placed in a box. And they also put some extra newspaper on top for extra protection. One of the titles I ordered is a Japanese animated movie in special Iron Pack packaging and it arrived without a scratch on it due to the extra care they put into their packaging.

ahsoka is offline Member

Thanks for the info. No, I don't have a paypal account. I'll try Amazon first as I would prefer to pay directly with the credit card. So far I've bought some Mainland China releases from HK but it might be cheaper and faster to get them directly from China.

dfms23 is offline Member

There is now what purports to be a BD25 of this available. It is about 1/3 the price of the limited edition.

http://www.amazon.cn/%E5%94%90%E5%B1%B1%E5%A%A7%E5%9C%B0%E9%9C%87-%E5%BE%90%E5%B8%86/dp/B006QSJW5O/ref=sr_1_1?s=video&ie=UTF8&qid=1333043115&sr=1-1

Not sure if the transfer is impacted by being on the BD25.
    Some killer deals on my FS/FT thread, price negotiable
    http://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-...rts-fs-ft.html

It'll have to be a different encode since the movie feature itself on the BD50 release took about 30GB and would not fit on a BD25 as is even without the extras.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12