Default Network streaming Blu Ray Player?

I'm looking to buy a Blu player in the very near future, I was leaning towards the Panasonic BD60 or the Sony S360. As I was reading about some other players I noticed that LG had one that could access hard drives on your network and stream movies from your computer network. Traditionally I used my WDHDTV for this with 2 1Tb drives attached holding most of my DVD movies.

Does anyone know which Blu players can do this? It would be great as I can just get a couple of 2Tb internal hard drives and transfer all of my movies to them with no need to use an additional HDMi port in my receiver or the WDHDTV and hard drives along with their need of power outlets from my power strip (currently three required).

Thanks in advance, of course the usual requirement of the player has to be at least profile 2.0 and has to be good, hopefully excellent, but good may be good enough.
    the lg390 is the big streaming player.
    it has received amazing reviews, but I have yet to read whether users that have had a Panny bd-60 think the bd picture is better, worse, or the same.
    It can do Netflix, Yahoo, Vudu, and other streaming stuff.
    I think it is the only player on the market that can do all of these.
    If I could get verification that people think its audio and video are equal to the bd-60 I might be getting one.
    I still have my original bd-30, and am ready to upgrade.
    the lg player has a list price of $399, but can be had for significantly less now.
    I was just looking into this player earlier today.
    It also has wireless N which no other player has.
    imo don't bother with Sony.
    I'd go with a Panasonic player or maybe this LG model.
    the only other player I would consider would be the Oppo, but I have spent too much on HD DVD, bd, and dvd players to spend another $500 on a player again.

http://reviews.cnet.com/dvd-players/...-33488056.html

Thumbs up Lg Bd390.

Hi Jimmy,

The LG BD390 is big on streaming all kind of stuff, plus it is network wireless.

Here's some cool info from two very positive reviews on it:

* http://www.hometheatermag.com/discpl...lu-ray_player/

* http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/blu...390-page2.html
    Last edited by LordoftheRingsEE; 11-26-2009 at 08:39 PM. Reason: typo
    Bob
    There & Gone
    Life, Love & the Blues
    <<< 3DDD!!! Way to go Baby! >>>
    => Click Me!
    I got 'Lawrence of Arabia', 'LOTR EE' Trilogy, & 'Avatar 3D' (without the Panny TV).
    => Audyssey Setup Guide
    "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison
    => Audyssey FAQ
    I believe the Samsungs 3600 and 4600 offer streaming from your hard drive with wireless built in also?

Thumbs up Lg Bd390.

^ True, but the LG BD390 is the big champ here.

* In my second link from the post above (#3), the Sammy BD-P4600 review is also accessible there, simply by going to the "NEXT" page, from the bottom right (blue lettering).

Also, C-Net has reviewed all those players (LG BD390, Sammy BD-P3600 & BD-P4600), and the LG BD390 did score the highest. And it is not just C-Net that came to the same conclusion, several other reviewers also confirmed it.
    It is simply a faster and more reliable player for streaming wirelessly.
    Plus, the picture is on par with the best. And as an additional bonus, it's a gorgeous machine with it's nice bluish accent.

After the Oppo BDP-83, the LG BD390 is my favorite Blu-ray player.
    And not too far behind, the Panasonic DMP-BD80/60 and the Samsung BD-P2500/2550.
    *** But only the LG BD390 is the master of Wireless Streaming.
    Last edited by LordoftheRingsEE; 11-27-2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: ***
    Bob
    There & Gone
    Life, Love & the Blues
    => Click Me!
    I got 'Lawrence of Arabia', 'LOTR EE' Trilogy, & 'Avatar 3D' (without the Panny TV).
    => Audyssey Setup Guide
    => Audyssey FAQ
    Do all of these players have wifi? i was thinking about upgrading my blu-ray player for one that will stream netflix, but it would have to be wifi
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurri View Post
    Do all of these players have wifi? i was thinking about upgrading my blu-ray player for one that will stream netflix, but it would have to be wifi
    Yes they do: LG BD390 (and the BD370), Sammy BD-P3600 and P4600.

Not the Panny models and older Sammy models.
    Bob
    There & Gone
    Life, Love & the Blues
    => Click Me!
    => Audyssey Setup Guide
    => Audyssey FAQ
    Thank you all very much. I really wanted the BD 60 especially as it's 109 on amazon today but the network streaming is such a cool feature that the LG seems to be winning.

Thanks for the link, as soon as I find it at the right price, I'll finally be purple
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Macintosh View Post
    Thank you all very much. I really wanted the BD 60 especially as it's 109 on amazon today but the network streaming is such a cool feature that the LG seems to be winning.

Thanks for the link, as soon as I find it at the right price, I'll finally be purple
    Welcome soon to the new color level.
    Bob
    There & Gone
    Life, Love & the Blues
    => Click Me!
    => Audyssey Setup Guide
    => Audyssey FAQ
    So after CES 2010, have the choices for a Blu player that can play back movies from a network increased?

I noticed that a lot have come out with wifi, but I'm assuming that this is for streaming netflix etc.

So other than the LG 390, 570 and 590, the samsungs mentioned above have any more become available. I'm really not a fan of the whole flip down front panel.