Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Wow...I'm an idiot Totally didn't realize the problem was related to the reciever! Thank God in all my bitstreaming from my 1400 I never had this happen. If it didn't ruin my speakers it definately would've ruined a pair of my boxers.
    Proud Member of the DC Fanboy Club

StarkyLuv is offline Member

I have the Onkyo SR705 and never experienced this problem. Sucks some have though.

DrMaustus is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by StarkyLuv View Post
    I have the Onkyo SR705 and never experienced this problem. Sucks some have though.
    I guess you've been lucky, as I have the same receiver and I got it during "The Orphanage." Remember, it only occurs on some titles that use DTS-HD MA and you must be bitstreaming to your receiver. I've updated my DSPs and I think I've solved the problem, but I'm not 100% sure.
    Epson Home Cinema 1080 UB, Panasonic TH-P50Z700 1080P plasma, Dali Ikon 6 fronts, Dali Ikon Vokal 2 center, 4 Dali Ikon on-walls, Velodyne DLS-4000R sub, Onkyo TX-SR705, LG BH200 (x2), 40 GB PS3

Youll aslo get the DTS bomb with Jeff Dunham's Christmas Special

thedude is offline Member

hey guys i have a sony dg820 and using a and i just got the popping noise on harold and kumar2 e.f.g.b. and so did some more people so i think it may me the disc... i've never had this problem on any of my other movies and i don't think it's just when you're bitstreaming.'Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay' - High-Def Digest Review
    sony xbr4 40
    Toshiba A35
    hd dvd add on

Sony STR-DG820
    77 newest(ATL)
    187 newest(True Grit 2010)

GonzoJoe is offline Member

I have a PS3 and a JVC RX-6008V reciever with the same problem. It's happened while watching The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and Repo! The Genetic Opera.
    Last edited by GonzoJoe; 01-26-2009 at 12:57 AM.

JonK is offline Member

I have a Samsung 2500 and a Harmon Kardon Avr 335. I get what sure sounds like what is described. It is a horrible sound. It can't be in my receiver because I am using the analog inputs on it. The problem is only in the 2 front channels, not the rear or sub. If I set the front speakers to small (deep bass is sent to the sub) the problem goes away, at least so far. Anyone have any thoughts? I have changed every setting i can and as long as the 2 front speakers are set to large the problem is there. I have no other problems with any other sources and have checked the analog in with other sources and it seems fine.

Jon

Cochise is offline Special Member

I got last night on my Onkyo 605 receiver for the first time, and I have several the "suspect titles" including Harold & Kumar Escape Guantanamo Bay and always use bitstream. It was with the Hong Kong release of Red Cliff. With the DTS MA audio track, every time I would pause the movie I would get the loud pop, in my front speakers. I tried the PCM and TrueHD audio and it didn't happen, so I just switched to TrueHD.

I dunno, it just seems like its how they author the discs that make it hit or miss.

Arkadin is offline Member

well harold and Kumar is the Disc so take that one out.
    the disc has some encoding defect.

Cochise is offline Special Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
    well harold and Kumar is the Disc so take that one out.
    the disc has some encoding defect.
    Nope, Harold & Kumar plays fine on my Panny BD35, DTS MA bitstreamed to my Onkyo 605. Red Cliff is the first DTS MA title I've ever encountered any problem with, and it was only when paused / resumed.

Arkadin is offline Member

strange.
    there were some other threads about there being a problem.
    aren't there 2 of these films?
    have you tried both?
    I was referring to the Guantanamo bay one.

Apollo26 is offline Member

thanks for posting this!!! I was about to give up on updating my 605 in anticipation of the new ps3 slim. Changed these settings on my ps3 and volia, updated and restarted within 1 min!!!

Now just to run audyssey again

Quote Originally Posted by irrob View Post
    DSP update was flawless. It even automatically shut off after successful update. Used the PS3 with these settings:
    Music Settings:
    Audio CD Output Freq:44.1
    Bitmaping: off
    Sound Settings:
    Audio Output Settings:Linear PCM 2 ch 44.1khz and 48khz

The update wipes out all settings. Had to run Audyssey again. Movies sound much better now.
    Living Room Setup
    Samsung 1080p 52" LCD
    PS3 40GB - Onkyo 705 - 7.1 Polk Monitor's (F:70's / C:CS2 / Sur:30's / Sub:PSW125) - Harmony One Remote

Samsung 720p 40" LCD
    PS3 SLIM 120GB - Onkyo 605 - 5.1 JBL Venue Speakers - Harmony 770 Remote

= 839

cardpetree is offline Member

Wow, I'm way out of the loop. I didn't even know that this was a problem for everyone. I thought my receiver or sub was jacked up. I have the 805 and the download links at AVS are no longer there. Does anyone know where I can get the download links to fix this?
    - cardpetree
    - cardpetree

I Love It All!

Louisville Cardinals Basketball 2013 National Champions!

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

I think the thread is well hidden in that it is in the sticky area.

Observations I have made with a Denon 989 receiver and the DTS bomb.
    Only appears to happen on Warner/Warner related titles that are DTS HD 5.1. The bomb appears in channels 6 and 7 !!! Does the same be it bitstream or pcm. Works fine on other studio titles and works fine on anything 7.1.

I finally figured it out though - Warner apparently uses maximum volume in their encode process. I had my receiver set so that the BD player input was +10db because when I switch to BD from another device, I have to crank up the volume to get the same level as other device. SOLUTION - Leave the BD input at 0db and set the levels of the other devices to -8db or so.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345