Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    cupboy is offline Member

I quit my Absolute Sound subscription way back when they increased the dimensions of the magazine. It used to be a convenient small size and I've saved all my old ones ... threw out the larger ones. Stereophile and TV Guide did the same thing.

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

Anyone know what the latest firmware is/does?
    Oppo's site indicates latest one is from August 2016 but yet tonight my player downloaded a new one. Should I have held off until this version is Beta tested by the public?
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

I had to email Oppo to let them know their support page lacked info about the firmware update. Here's the actual link:
    http://oppodigital.com/support/blu-r...e-83-1226.aspx

What it says changes is:

Resolved an issue with gapless playback. (BDP10X-83-1226B)
    Resolved a no audio issue with certain receivers when playing DD+ 5.1 content from Netflix and Vudu. (BDP10X-83-0918B)
    Resolved an issue where the player would automatically power off when receiving commands via a TCP connection. (BDP10X-83-0918B)
    General disc compatibility improvements based on recent and upcoming Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted disc samples.

All features and improvements of the previous firmware are also included in this version.

^^^ Compatibility changes for upcoming discs tells me Lionsgate (likely) is up to something new to thwart bootlegging, which will probably be hacked in 10 minutes. Also means that older players that no longer get firmware updates will be broken. Some of them already are thanks to Lionsgate and Fox.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213