Default Blu-Ray Drive Question

Hi

Basically, I'm in the UK and want to be able to play blu-rays from all regions as there are a lot of films out on blu-ray in the US that aren't here in the UK and I would like to buy them but at the moment I have a UK PS3 for blu-rays which will only play region B discs.

Anyway, I know you can buy actual region free blu-ray players but I am thinking about buying a blu-ray drive for my PC and using the AnyDVD HD software. Will this guarantee that I can play blu-rays from all regions? As I don't want to end up buying a blu-ray drive and then only half of what I buy actually playing and then the others not playing. So I just wanted some sort of clarification on if I will be 100% guaranteed to be able to play all region discs if I do go this route and buy a blu-ray drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by d3moliti0n View Post
    Hi

Basically, I'm in the UK and want to be able to play blu-rays from all regions as there are a lot of films out on blu-ray in the US that aren't here in the UK and I would like to buy them but at the moment I have a UK PS3 for blu-rays which will only play region B discs.

Anyway, I know you can buy actual region free blu-ray players but I am thinking about buying a blu-ray drive for my PC and using the AnyDVD HD software. Will this guarantee that I can play blu-rays from all regions? As I don't want to end up buying a blu-ray drive and then only half of what I buy actually playing and then the others not playing. So I just wanted some sort of clarification on if I will be 100% guaranteed to be able to play all region discs if I do go this route and buy a blu-ray drive.
    Ok so i'm not an expert but i believe anydvd is used to remove the region coding and copy protection from discs when you rip them to files but doesn't let you just play any region blu rays on your player.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck View Post
    Ok so i'm not an expert but i believe anydvd is used to remove the region coding and copy protection from discs when you rip them to files but doesn't let you just play any region blu rays on your player.
    I use Media Player Classic and Any DVD HD and it also allows you to watch the content of a disc from any region, not just rip the files. So yes it does work.
    Scottish film fan
    BD Screencaps
    Isn't there another issue though? Once he puts the disc in the drive it will sense a different region and want the hardware to change regions and you can only do that so many times? (Like 5 or something)
    Blu-ray Player w/ Harmony Adapter
    Toshiba HD-A32.5
    + Win7 Home Premium HTPC
    Panasonic Plasma TC-P54G10
    Panasonic SA-BX500 Receiver
    SVS 5.1 inc. SVS PB12-NSD Sub
    Quote Originally Posted by JAC35 View Post
    Isn't there another issue though? Once he puts the disc in the drive it will sense a different region and want the hardware to change regions and you can only do that so many times? (Like 5 or something)
    That's only with commercial players like PowerDVD. The hardware doesn't change. Its all in software.
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    You don't keep friends who use low resolutions.
    Quote Originally Posted by miDnIghtEr View Post
    Sometimes I don't speak right. But still I know what I'm talking about...
    Intel i7 4770k (@4.5Ghz) + CrossFire Gigabyte R9 290x's w/ 4GB video RAM! + 16GB DDR3 RAM (STEAM/Origin: Nealon_Greene)
    Elitist >> mindless peon
    Yamaha 6260 - 7.1 Polks - 2 LLT subs powered by 1000W
    Optoma HD20 with 123" fixed screen for movies
    Quote Originally Posted by JAC35 View Post
    As Favelle said otherwise my computer blu ray drive would have been stuck months ago.
    Scottish film fan
    BD Screencaps