Go Back   High-Def Digest Forums > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page Blockbuster closing some stores - going out of business sales at those locations
Reply 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last>>
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1

    Default Blockbuster closing some stores - going out of business sales at those locations


    Was at one of my local BB's today and they are closing a bunch of stores in the US. They had just started the closing sale. Blus were only 10% off list for new and used, but the prices may get better a little later.
  2. #2
    Oh, this is a great time when you see Blockbuster going out of business. What comes around, goes around.
  3. #3
    One of the ones by me finished going out of business a couple weeks ago. Regular DVDs got to the point where they were .99-1.99 each, but Blus never dropped lower than 15% off.
  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Remastered View Post
    Oh, this is a great time when you see Blockbuster going out of business. What comes around, goes around.
    You betcha! So glad to see this company going out of business. I hope they lose every frikkin dollar they stole from consumers. Oh, how Christian they are (hahaha).
  5. #5
    mine had blus 15% off
    trade with me here http://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-...ml#post1813506

    HD DVD= 90
    Blu-ray=680
  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    1,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozy View Post
    You betcha! So glad to see this company going out of business. I hope they lose every frikkin dollar they stole from consumers. Oh, how Christian they are (hahaha).
    I'd don't get it? I've been going to a few different Blockbusters over the years around my area and have never had a problem. And when did they become Christian? And if they were, wouldn't stealing money fit the bill?
    PSN: PuppyPuncher
  7. #7
    ^Christians are some of the biggest donors for humanitarian causes and those who are just taking money and enriching themselves are not living up to the creed. No need to inject divisive religious overtones in here, though that was one real doozy (pun intended) brought up by Doozy.
  8. #8
    I used to work there and the song that comes to mind right now is from Office Space....

    "Die Motherf---er!!, die!"
  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Holland, NY
    Posts
    1,047
    I can't say I'm happy to see more brick and mortar stores closing. Here in western New York we struggle to keep jobs and companies open and in the area. The last thing we need is more empty buildings and unemployment. The are a lot of small towns and communities struggling to keep commerce in the small town and closing of the stores like this for warehouses in select large cites hurt.Blockbuster closing just doesn't hurt some executive it trickles down a whole lot of people.
    The cheapest I saw at a closing blockbuster for blu was $17 so no real bargain there.
    PS3 60g upsized to 250g
    Xbox 360 20g Slim gamertag: strangerzdanger
    Blu-ray 50+
    Samsung - 50" Class / 1080p / 600Hz / Plasma HDTV
    Yamaha HTR-5460 Receiver
    Tivoli Tower Fronts, Jensen center, sub and rears
    Dish Network VIP 722 DVR 500gig
  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post
    ^Christians are some of the biggest donors for humanitarian causes and those who are just taking money and enriching themselves are not living up to the creed. No need to inject divisive religious overtones in here, though that was one real doozy (pun intended) brought up by Doozy.
    I hate Blockbuster and am glad to see them fall.

    Here's why:
    1. Deceptive practices - an example would be that a lot of the movies they carried were edited (although they never told you this) to trim out material they felt was inappropiate. This practive did fade out in their later years. Another example would be that they said they were no longer charging late fees, but what they didn't tell you is that they would charge a "restocking" fee if the movie was delivered late.

    2. Monopoly - A lot of the movies I wanted to see were not carried by BB because they said that they were a "family store". An example would be the "Faces of Death" series that I had heard so much about when it was released. Ok, fine....that's their right. But they bought out all of the other rental areas around me that would have normally carried those films....that's BS.

    Good riddance.


    The only BB that's still open by me were selling their blus for about 15% off. That's not much of a deal since most of them are used and the "15% off " is from the MSRP. Reminds me of Circuit city.
  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubei View Post
    I hate Blockbuster and am glad to see them fall.

    Here's why:
    1. Deceptive practices - an example would be that a lot of the movies they carried were edited (although they never told you this) to trim out material they felt was inappropiate. This practive did fade out in their later years. Another example would be that they said they were no longer charging late fees, but what they didn't tell you is that they would charge a "restocking" fee if the movie was delivered late.

    2. Monopoly - A lot of the movies I wanted to see were not carried by BB because they said that they were a "family store". An example would be the "Faces of Death" series that I had heard so much about when it was released. Ok, fine....that's their right. But they bought out all of the other rental areas around me that would have normally carried those films....that's BS.

    Good riddance.


    The only BB that's still open by me were selling their blus for about 15% off. That's not much of a deal since most of them are used and the "15% off " is from the MSRP. Reminds me of Circuit city.

    Another reason BB sucks:

    Sometime fairly recently, sneakily and under-the-radar, they re-introduced due dates/late fees on their game selection. They went from having 7 day game rentals with a 7-day grace period for $8.99 to having 5 day game rentals with NO grace period, with late fees for the same price of $8.99.

    They essentially went from 14-day game rentals for $8.99 to 5-day game rentals for the exact same price. I'm never giving them my business again.
    Blu-ray Discs Owned: 237

    Pioneer 60" Kuro 600M
    SVSound SVS-01 5.1 Surround Sound
    Onkyo SR-TX805 Receiver
    Sony PS3 Slim 120GB Console
    Microsoft Xbox 360 S 250GB Console
    Logitech Harmony 720 Universal Remote
  12. #12
    Well BB got what they deserved ,,, But it sucks people will be out of a job... Overall I hated BB... Its kind of odd some movie rental place hasent figured out how to do this movie rental business fair,,, seems like alot of money could be had
    Pre-Pro Halcro SSP-100 (200) with MPCM over HDMI
    Amp Halcro MC-5
    Speakers Main Acoustic Zen adagio, Center Audes Grand Sentral, Rear Audes Blues
    Players Oppo BDP-83. EAD Theatervision P
    Cables IC Audience AU 24 All Balanced, Speaker Acoustic Zen Satori
    Sub Monitor FB210
    Power Conditioner Running Spring Audio Haley W/Cardas Golden Reference Power Cable
    Meridian G08 CD player
    Sony KDS-60A3000 Display
    Harmony 1000 Remote
  13. #13
    the game rentals are $1.00 a day after the due date if not returned and yes it is new
  14. #14
    Internet killed BB. So did the competition from Netflix.
  15. #15
    Found a closing BB in Souther NJ about a month ago or so. It was pretty well picked over, but I got Repo! (since sold) and The Wackness in original Blu-ray cases for $16.
    My Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by crazzeto View Post
    I don't think you get it, breasts are sexually arousing. That's just a fact...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts