Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last>>

Default Mr Mrs Smith UNCUT Director's Cut

At Amazon.fr. Anyone interested in a group buy?

12,53 +10,90 Euro shipping each.

Additional titles after the first are an additional 1,90 Euro shippin
    g

Date d'envoi estimée pour ces 3 articles : 17 avril 2009
    Mr et Mrs Smith - [Blu-ray] - Brad Pitt
    EUR 12,53 - Quantité : 3 - En stock
    Etat : Neuf - Nouveau
    Vendu par : Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
    Options cadeaux Non

3 copies= $25.00 US each which includes Amazon.fr standard shipping to me and re-ship from me to you

4 copies= $24 US each which includes all shipping

****Each copy after the 3rd saves $1 total for each buyer****

****Also for quantity 3 and more Express shipping (1-3 days) only comes out to be an additional $2 per disc****
    Kind of a rip, nothing much different in the uncut version, not worth $25 and time it takes to ship at least.

The "unrated" cut of this film is hardly different than the original - if anything, I think they've added one additional shot of the Jolie and Pitt fully-clothed sex scene. Is this what the meaning of "unrated" has boiled down to? Back in the mid-90's, "unrated" had meaning - it meant that the film was uncut from its original version, a rare occurance and usually only associated with films like "Natural Born Killers" or the original version of "Alien". Bootlegs of unrated films or scenes with cut scenes are a thing of the past. The studio systems have officially given the word "unrated" a derogatory meaning: it now means, cheap recut, with SPARSE extra footage jammed in wherever they could fit it, which is exactly what happened with this "unrated" edition of "Mr. & Mrs. Smith". Seriously, if you take a good look at the DVD cover to this thing, the size of the "UNRATED" text is about 70 font sizes larger than the movie title itself. The way it appears on the box: The Mr. & Mrs. Smith edition of "UNRATED".
    Total additional footage ~5 minutes. You can just get the US release for like ~$15...
    I haven't seen it new for $15 at any US sites. It's usually more like $20. If you find it for $15 US at an international site, it's going to be $20+ with shipping. Some of us want the best release possible, even if it's only 5 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfms23 View Post
    I haven't seen it new for $15 at any US sites. It's usually more like $20. If you find it for $15 US at an international site, it's going to be $20+ with shipping. Some of us want the best release possible, even if it's only 5 minutes.
    You must be blind. It's been $15.99/$16.99 several times at BestBuy both online and B&M. It's also been on sale at Fry's for $15.99 several times as well. Not only that, but most used places (here in Nor Cal there's Dimple Recrods & Pawn shops) will have it for $12-15 used. Not to mention online where it's been $15 many times at places like J&R ($13 & Up sale).

EDIT - Even now you can get it at Wherehouse.com for $17.39 w/ free shipping with the 20% coupon. (note: I and most people don't pay over $15 per blu-ray)
    All those prices are $15+shipping AKA close to $20. It's $24 delivered from France. Best Buy B&M usually doesn't match their website price, either, in my experience. It's $29.99 at BB and $24.99 at Amazon. 9.98 UK pounds at Amazon UK which is $14.79 US. Unless you have a current example of how it's $15 in-hand then it'd be great if you quit stirring the pot.

This IS a good price for the French import of the disc. There is no debate to that. Whatever your opinion of the cost/benefit of purchasing is regarding the French vs the US, that is not the point of this thread and not the place for arguing that point.
    Some of us want the best release possible, even if it's only 5 minutes.
    Just cause something is unrated, doesn't make it the best release.

In most cases, I'd think the director tried his best to make the film the best possible for his theatrical cut. Sometimes additional gore or R-rated content gets cut and gets re-edited into unrated cuts, which may be more the additional dollars of that is your thing.

Personally, I like uncut editions that add more character development, but is it worth $5 or $10 more for it? Probably not...
    Aside from the additional footage, the French version is said to have better PQ as well.

From our Import forum:

Mr and Mrs. Smith
    French (Fox) - Uncut, better PQ, Region Free.
    US - Slight DNR
    http://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-...-releases.html

This is DVD Compare's take on the two discs:
    http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparison....php?fid=12091
    ,,55"Sony SXRD KDS-55A3000
    Onkyo 606 w/ Klipsch RC-52, RF-25s, and RS-25s
    Quote Originally Posted by ao7996 View Post
    Aside from the additional footage, the French version is said to have better PQ as well.

From our Import forum:

Mr and Mrs. Smith
    French (Fox) - Uncut, better PQ, Region Free.
    US - Slight DNR
    http://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-...-releases.html

This is DVD Compare's take on the two discs:
    http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparison....php?fid=12091
    I was aware of the thread on this site. I just didn't expect to catch so much crap for posting a thread on a deal for an import disc
    I was aware of the thread on this site. I just didn't expect to catch so much crap for posting a thread on a deal for an import disc
    Ehh, don't worry about the threadcraping.The fact is, if you like the movie, and want the longest version with the best PQ... than the $5-$10 premium may be worth it to you.
    ,,55"Sony SXRD KDS-55A3000
    Onkyo 606 w/ Klipsch RC-52, RF-25s, and RS-25s
    Quote Originally Posted by ao7996 View Post
    Ehh, don't worry about the threadcraping.The fact is, if you like the movie, and want the longest version with the best PQ... than the $5-$10 premium may be worth it to you.
    I love the movie and I'll happily stick with my U.S. BD due to this...

from dvdcompare.net:

Non-English dialogue sections of the film, do not have English subtitles.
    And that right there makes the French disc of no interest to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by -zombie- View Post
    I love the movie and I'll happily stick with my U.S. BD due to this...

from dvdcompare.net:

Non-English dialogue sections of the film, do not have English subtitles.
    And that right there makes the French disc of no interest to me.
    This as well ^^^

And also lol @ people crying over mild DNR. Using a little bit of DNR doesn't automatically make the film look less attractive. It's when they over-do it that it kills the aesthetics of the film.
    French has DTS HD MA (Master Audio) is that better than the regular DTS that is on the US version. Just scroll down the to Mr Mrs Smith and read the note.

http://www.blurayregioncodes.com/index.php?region=b
    French has DTS HD MA (Master Audio) is that better than the regular DTS that is on the US version. Just scroll down the to Mr Mrs Smith and read the note.

http://www.blurayregioncodes.com/index.php?region=b
    The US has just English DTS-HD master audio. The French one has both French and English DTS-HD master tracks.

Both use AVC MPEG-4 compression for the video.

EDIT - Apparently it's also one of the titles that's $14.99 at the recent Hastings sale. So if you have one of those near you, it's available.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=95550

This guy picked it up.
    http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...65&postcount=4
    I also want this movie but I never buy the current release even BOGO because it is not the unrated extended cut. Don't know why everybody here want to convince dfms23 to buy the version he don't want. So wired!
    Quote Originally Posted by tcmchan View Post
    I also want this movie but I never buy the current release even BOGO because it is not the unrated extended cut. Don't know why everybody here want to convince dfms23 to buy the version he don't want. So wired!
    I KNOW SO WIRED!!!!

It's because there's nothing different about the film with the exception of a few scenes being extended. And the scenes dont even consist of dialogue, or action. The unrated/uncut version is pointless.