Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... Last>>

Default amazon no more post-order price matching???

Only orders placed before September 1, 2008 are eligible for a price difference refund under the Post-Order Price Guarantee policy. As of September 1, 2008 we are no longer offering discounts if prices change on our website after you make a purchase.
    Link to discussion on amazon

If this is true, amazon is going to be losing alot of business from me and i'm guessing alot of people that frequent this site...i will cancel all 25+ of my pre-orders and only wait for deals. Man this sucks

I was not sure where to post this, mods please move if theres a better location. Thanks.
    Living Room Setup
    Samsung 1080p 52" LCD
    PS3 40GB - Onkyo 705 - 7.1 Polk Monitor's (F:70's / C:CS2 / Sur:30's / Sub:PSW125) - Harmony One Remote

Samsung 720p 40" LCD
    PS3 SLIM 120GB - Onkyo 605 - 5.1 JBL Venue Speakers - Harmony 770 Remote

= 839
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo26 View Post
    Link to discussion on amazon

If this is true, amazon is going to be losing alot of business from me and i'm guessing alot of people that frequent this site...i will cancel all 25+ of my pre-orders and only wait for deals. Man this sucks

I was not sure where to post this, mods please move if theres a better location. Thanks.
    Why would you cancel your existing pre-orders? You obviously placed these pre-orders before September 1st, so you will still have your Pre-Order price guarantee. BTW, this doesn't mention anything about Pre-Order price guarantee. From what I understand, Amazon gives you the best price up until your item shipped on a Pre-Order (you might/do have to request a refund). When you pre-ordered (in the past), I believe you don't/didn't get a Post-Order price guarantee (which I would consider to be up to 30 days after the DVD release date).
    Last edited by leonardodicrapio; 08-30-2008 at 07:37 AM.
    i havent followed the link, but im thinking that what they mean is that if the price changes AFTER shipment(order completion), you can not price match. you should still get the lowest price if the price drops between order date and shipment date.

if they drop the latter, then i could see a problem...
    yes, thats me in the picture...no, i dont like watermelon...

panasonic 50" 850, jvc 42x688
    (ps3, bd35): 245
    most recent - we're the millers
    (360): 11 (all free except 1)

chris said me
    Amazon should run a pre-Labor Day (Labor Day Weekend -- i.e. Saturday and Sunday only) sale called, "The End of Price Matching." Come October 1st, it looks like Amazon won't be wasting any of their time on Price Matching.

BTW, I think this IS the right place to post this. Many people will be out Saturday/Sunday/Monday and will not be happy when they realize orders have no Price Matching that they place Monday, Tuesday, later next week, or later next month..
    Quote Originally Posted by leonardodicrapio View Post
    Why would you cancel your existing pre-orders? You obviously placed these pre-orders before September 1st, so you will still have your Pre-Order price guarantee. BTW, this doesn't mention anything about Pre-Order price guarantee. From what I understand, Amazon gives you the best price up until your item shipped on a Pre-Order (you might/do have to request a refund). When you pre-ordered (in the past), I believe you don't/didn't get a Post-Order price guarantee (which I would consider to be up to 30 days after the DVD release date).

I might keep my pre-orders if they price match for orders placed before Sept 1st. What i'm worried about is they might pull some crap saying that they shipped after Sept. 1st...etc.

Also all pre-orders i placed even months in advance i still could request price adjustments. They concidered the Ship Date of the items the begining of the 30 day price guarantee.

All pre-orders i place are for items in my gold box, so i get 5% off and plus any price adjustments. They would adjust the price from the orginal, not the goldbox price.
    For example if i pre-ordered a blu-ray that was orginally $23.95 (goldbox discount of 5% = $22.75) then after shipment the price dropped to $19.95, i would get back $4.00 making the total price $18.75.

At least once a week i request a price adjustment...i probably requested price adjustments for half if not more of all my blu purchases from amazon...and my entire collection of blu i have purchased from amazon. I'm guessing maybe $500 or more i received back from adjustments. They are probably changing it cause of me lol

Guess the deals are over...no more buying on release date for me

Maybe now i can break my amazon addiction
    Living Room Setup
    Samsung 1080p 52" LCD
    PS3 40GB - Onkyo 705 - 7.1 Polk Monitor's (F:70's / C:CS2 / Sur:30's / Sub:PSW125) - Harmony One Remote

Samsung 720p 40" LCD
    PS3 SLIM 120GB - Onkyo 605 - 5.1 JBL Venue Speakers - Harmony 770 Remote

= 839
    this is definitely going to curb my amazon buying. Amazon always was a spot above most places for me due to the post price policy
    Meet The Spartans = worst movie I have seen of all time. If you own this
    This probably won't effect my Blu-ray purchasing much from Amazon. However, it will really curb how I buy big ticket electronics from them.

When I bought my XA2, the pricing was really volatile at the time, but I ordered anyway knowing I had the price match guarantee. I paid $650 up front, but withing 30 days, had been refunded $75 of that.

Sam for a LCD TV I bought for the bedroom. Amazon prices were bouncing $350-$400 and I could get the same set locally on sale for $375. I went ahead and bought from Amazon for $380 knowing I had the guarantee, and it ended up only costing me $345 after 30 days. I needed the TV right away, so without the price match policy, I would have bought it locally.
    Well, it would appear to be true. If you go to their help section and look under pricing, the section for post-price matching is gone. There is a link at the top, but it takes you nowhere.

This sucks. I guess all those tales of getting refunds on blu-rays from the b1g1/b2g1 will be coming to a close.
    This does set Amazon back, because every major retail location offers somewhat of a price match policy (usually matching their return policy).
    this sucks, considering how much amazon prices flucuate.
    Keep Moving Forward!

I'm a lead farmer motherf***er!

Congratulations President Obama!
    lol, Amazon is turning into a joke lately. I think I'm letting my subscription to Prime run out in the next few months. They are consistently getting beaten in price and now it looks like service too.
    My Trade/Sale/Want Thread

for Blu-Ray and DVD Custom Covers
    Click Here
    I'm a bit mad that just last month I renewed prime. Their prices are still good but I mean i'm in ny and pay taxes now. Also, its not that I dont mind paying a dollar more on amazon but when I see these 3-5 dollar drops is when i'll be annoyed
    Meet The Spartans = worst movie I have seen of all time. If you own this
    No doubt they took quite a hit last holiday season. But, with places like BB extending their matching period (usually from the first of November until Feb 1, excluding any specials on black Friday), it will drive many to try locally instead. I did get quite a bit back from them last holiday season (and all year), but got even more back from BB due to a TV and PS3 purchase (that I'd been shopping for for months); my mother ended up doing even better, as she also replaced and old projection TV with a new Plasma (and got over $5K back on price matches).
    if the price drop is significant afer taking into account return s/h, it may be worthwhile to to ask for refund

hypothetical question :
    what happens if you receive a damaged movie disk and in the meantime the price has fallen?-
    usually you have the option for a replacement or a refund at their expense
    so better to ask for refund and rebuy?
    Yeah this sucks for electronics. Usually BD's only fall by a few dollars but with a TV or receiver, you can get lots of money back.
    HD DVD and Blu-ray supporter
    Collection: DVD | High-def
    XBL/PSN: Patsfan123 (add me)