Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last>>

Default Slip Covers - Limited Time Only?

Are slip covers for blu-rays printed for a limited time?

I've noticed that I usually always get my new release movies from Amazon with slip covers. Older releases? Not so much. Same goes for new shipments in stores. I saw a BUNCH of new copies of Bolt at Best Buy with no slip covers today.
    Usually, the same also applies to DVDs in most cases.
    Yes, I've never seen an unlimited run of slip covers; if you want 'em, no waiting for the best sale. You need to be a "week one" buyer to be safe...
    yep. they are to designate first runs/first pressings. some are super short supply. if you want them, you gotta buy 'em early, and in store, not online.

hell, just 2 weeks ago, my trick 'r treat from amazon came sans slip, and sans digital copy. already 2nd pressings
    Nate Boss
    [B][COLOR="#4169e1"][URL="http://www.project-blu.com"]Visit Project-Blu[/URL][/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B][URL="http://death2slipcovers.tumblr.com"]Check out my new Tumblr profile![/URL][/B][/COLOR]
    Hoping to get a new cult for Christmas. Already tired of playing with the last one.
    It was a pointless Digital Copy anyway, no iTunes support.

I just got a Pixar Collection Blu-ray in the mail with a mint condition slip from Amazon.com, some last longer than others. WB gets rid of them QUICKLY now.
    A Nightmare on Elm Street Blu-ray Reviewwww.blu-news.com
    Slipcovers are limited from certain studios. WB has a very limited run with their Combo Pack slips. IMAX: Under The Sea is a good example of having a limited slip and it just came out two weeks ago. Same with LOTR (animation).
    in the end ALL slipsleeves bd versions end up without slipsleeves.
    every single one.
    it's just a matter of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
    in the end ALL slipsleeves bd versions end up without slipsleeves.
    every single one.
    it's just a matter of time.
    True. But its very frustrating to find a certain slip that you need. Especially the rare slipcovers. I can't find Saw III and The Condemned
    Quote Originally Posted by albert724 View Post
    True. But its very frustrating to find a certain slip that you need. Especially the rare slipcovers. I can't find Saw III and The Condemned
    Oh, yes you can.

TLK
    Almost every movie in my collection has a slip cover, aside from a couple of titles. Most of the movies I don't even care about, but I am still going to extreme measures to get a slip.

I need slips for the following titles:
    Employee of the Month
    Planet Hulk
    Hulk vs.
    Forrest Gump

But my biggest one I need right now is The Women. It wasn't a popular title on Blu-ray, but I think quite a few slips were produced for this release. Anyone have one they would be willing to sell?

Oh and I also want to replace these slips with better condition ones:
    The Princess and the Frog: 3-Disc Combo Pack
    Ratatouille
    with this thread i just bought Minority Report, which i wana watch asap, and THL, which probably will have slipcovers for a while but i don't think the price will go down anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lizard King View Post
    Oh, yes you can.

TLK
    Yup. Thanks to you bud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu-News.com View Post
    Almost every movie in my collection has a slip cover, aside from a couple of titles. Most of the movies I don't even care about, but I am still going to extreme measures to get a slip.

I need slips for the following titles:
    Employee of the Month
    Planet Hulk
    Hulk vs.
    Forrest Gump

But my biggest one I need right now is The Women. It wasn't a popular title on Blu-ray, but I think quite a few slips were produced for this release. Anyone have one they would be willing to sell?

Oh and I also want to replace these slips with better condition ones:
    The Princess and the Frog: 3-Disc Combo Pack
    Ratatouille
    The Women is a pretty rare one, Loys. almost on par w/ Daddy's Little Girls.

I have spare slips I keep, I know I have a few of those, but damn if I'd ever sell 'em lol. I don't remember if Hulk Vs had one, though. I'm inclined to say just Planet Hulk did, since I think it was the first Marvel Animated to get one.
    Nate Boss
    [B][COLOR="#4169e1"][URL="http://www.project-blu.com"]Visit Project-Blu[/URL][/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B][URL="http://death2slipcovers.tumblr.com"]Check out my new Tumblr profile![/URL][/B][/COLOR]
    Hoping to get a new cult for Christmas. Already tired of playing with the last one.
    n/m, it did. it's been a LONG time since i looked at that one, gave my copy to someone. ah well.
    Nate Boss
    Quote Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
    The Women is a pretty rare one, Loys. almost on par w/ Daddy's Little Girls.

I have spare slips I keep, I know I have a few of those, but damn if I'd ever sell 'em lol. I don't remember if Hulk Vs had one, though. I'm inclined to say just Planet Hulk did, since I think it was the first Marvel Animated to get one.
    Which sucks because I just realized I forgot to bid for one on Ebay. It was 11.99 with 2.99 shipping or something this morning with only 4 hours left, oh well. I would have bought the Blu-ray again just to get it.