Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Uncontrol is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    28

    Default Slip Covers - Limited Time Only?

    Are slip covers for blu-rays printed for a limited time?

    I've noticed that I usually always get my new release movies from Amazon with slip covers. Older releases? Not so much. Same goes for new shipments in stores. I saw a BUNCH of new copies of Bolt at Best Buy with no slip covers today.

  2. #2
    SlaughterX's Avatar
    SlaughterX is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,156

    Default

    Usually, the same also applies to DVDs in most cases.

  3. #3
    Filmmaker is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Yes, I've never seen an unlimited run of slip covers; if you want 'em, no waiting for the best sale. You need to be a "week one" buyer to be safe...

  4. #4
    project-blu is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    I'm not here. I'm elsewhere. Don't celebrate, I'm not dead yet.
    Posts
    21,439

    Default

    yep. they are to designate first runs/first pressings. some are super short supply. if you want them, you gotta buy 'em early, and in store, not online.

    hell, just 2 weeks ago, my trick 'r treat from amazon came sans slip, and sans digital copy. already 2nd pressings
    Tumbleweeds.

    Tumbleweeds everywhere.

  5. #5
    Blu-News.com's Avatar
    Blu-News.com is offline Always SpartanJohnson
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,538

    Default

    It was a pointless Digital Copy anyway, no iTunes support.

    I just got a Pixar Collection Blu-ray in the mail with a mint condition slip from Amazon.com, some last longer than others. WB gets rid of them QUICKLY now.
    A Nightmare on Elm Street Blu-ray Reviewwww.blu-news.com

  6. #6
    albert724's Avatar
    albert724 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Slipcovers are limited from certain studios. WB has a very limited run with their Combo Pack slips. IMAX: Under The Sea is a good example of having a limited slip and it just came out two weeks ago. Same with LOTR (animation).

  7. #7
    Arkadin's Avatar
    Arkadin is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    12,399

    Default

    in the end ALL slipsleeves bd versions end up without slipsleeves.
    every single one.
    it's just a matter of time.

  8. #8
    albert724's Avatar
    albert724 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
    in the end ALL slipsleeves bd versions end up without slipsleeves.
    every single one.
    it's just a matter of time.
    True. But its very frustrating to find a certain slip that you need. Especially the rare slipcovers. I can't find Saw III and The Condemned

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by albert724 View Post
    True. But its very frustrating to find a certain slip that you need. Especially the rare slipcovers. I can't find Saw III and The Condemned
    Oh, yes you can.

    TLK

  10. #10
    Blu-News.com's Avatar
    Blu-News.com is offline Always SpartanJohnson
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,538

    Default

    Almost every movie in my collection has a slip cover, aside from a couple of titles. Most of the movies I don't even care about, but I am still going to extreme measures to get a slip.

    I need slips for the following titles:
    Employee of the Month
    Planet Hulk
    Hulk vs.
    Forrest Gump

    But my biggest one I need right now is The Women. It wasn't a popular title on Blu-ray, but I think quite a few slips were produced for this release. Anyone have one they would be willing to sell?

    Oh and I also want to replace these slips with better condition ones:
    The Princess and the Frog: 3-Disc Combo Pack
    Ratatouille
    A Nightmare on Elm Street Blu-ray Reviewwww.blu-news.com

  11. #11
    BostonMA's Avatar
    BostonMA is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    8,947

    Default

    with this thread i just bought Minority Report, which i wana watch asap, and THL, which probably will have slipcovers for a while but i don't think the price will go down anytime soon.

  12. #12
    albert724's Avatar
    albert724 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lizard King View Post
    Oh, yes you can.

    TLK
    Yup. Thanks to you bud.

  13. #13
    project-blu is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    I'm not here. I'm elsewhere. Don't celebrate, I'm not dead yet.
    Posts
    21,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blu-News.com View Post
    Almost every movie in my collection has a slip cover, aside from a couple of titles. Most of the movies I don't even care about, but I am still going to extreme measures to get a slip.

    I need slips for the following titles:
    Employee of the Month
    Planet Hulk
    Hulk vs.
    Forrest Gump

    But my biggest one I need right now is The Women. It wasn't a popular title on Blu-ray, but I think quite a few slips were produced for this release. Anyone have one they would be willing to sell?

    Oh and I also want to replace these slips with better condition ones:
    The Princess and the Frog: 3-Disc Combo Pack
    Ratatouille
    The Women is a pretty rare one, Loys. almost on par w/ Daddy's Little Girls.

    I have spare slips I keep, I know I have a few of those, but damn if I'd ever sell 'em lol. I don't remember if Hulk Vs had one, though. I'm inclined to say just Planet Hulk did, since I think it was the first Marvel Animated to get one.
    Tumbleweeds.

    Tumbleweeds everywhere.

  14. #14
    project-blu is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    I'm not here. I'm elsewhere. Don't celebrate, I'm not dead yet.
    Posts
    21,439

    Default

    n/m, it did. it's been a LONG time since i looked at that one, gave my copy to someone. ah well.
    Tumbleweeds.

    Tumbleweeds everywhere.

  15. #15
    Blu-News.com's Avatar
    Blu-News.com is offline Always SpartanJohnson
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
    The Women is a pretty rare one, Loys. almost on par w/ Daddy's Little Girls.

    I have spare slips I keep, I know I have a few of those, but damn if I'd ever sell 'em lol. I don't remember if Hulk Vs had one, though. I'm inclined to say just Planet Hulk did, since I think it was the first Marvel Animated to get one.
    Which sucks because I just realized I forgot to bid for one on Ebay. It was 11.99 with 2.99 shipping or something this morning with only 4 hours left, oh well. I would have bought the Blu-ray again just to get it.
    A Nightmare on Elm Street Blu-ray Reviewwww.blu-news.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.1 PL1