Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... Last>>

Default New Line sucks- Digital Copy related.

Word of warning: New Line digital copies do not work with Macs, or iPods. Despite the picture of the computer on the instructions being a Mac.

Lame move, New Line.
    Last edited by DrAndonuts; 07-29-2008 at 04:49 PM.
    what format is it?
    this message was brought to you by MrE™
    WARNING: may contain Sarcasm and/or Bad Spelling
    Windows Media.

I got mine last night, and couldn't believe that they provided something incompatible with the iPod, surely the most popular portable device.

As a Mac and iPod user, to me this disc is useless. If Fox and Lionsgate can provide digital copies that work on Macs and PC, why the hell can't Warner?
    Maybe you got a bad disc?

The other digital copies out there also contain a WMP file.... it's just that they have a mac compatible iTunes/h.264 on there as well.

Digital copy was originally designed w/iPod and iTunes in mind so.....
    "When I'm drunk I like to Google “Daniel Waters underrated” and see what comes up." - Daniel Waters
    On the digital copy instructions for both Harold and Kumar 1 and Dark City, it has written that they don't work with Macs or iPods. Doesn't make sense to me.
    ^^^^ That's just shit.

Also, Dark City and Harold/Kumar: New Castle got digital copies??????
    "When I'm drunk I like to Google “Daniel Waters underrated” and see what comes up." - Daniel Waters
    There is no standardization among the studios for how Digital Copy is implemented. Fox and Lionsgate support both WMV and iTunes. Warner/New Line only support WMV. Sony's version of Digital Copy supports neither, and is only compatible with their own PS3 and PSP.
    Josh Z
    Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
    Curator, Laserdisc Forever
    My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndonuts View Post
    On the digital copy instructions for both Harold and Kumar 1 and Dark City, it has written that they don't work with Macs or iPods. Doesn't make sense to me.
    Yep I just found that out last night when I got my copies of Harold & Kumar 1 & 2. It's bullshit.
    well that just means i won't give my digital copy on dark city or HK Guantanamo to my GF. no biggy.
    IBdiscredited. IBbetteroff. IBelsewhere.
    I put the sex in schizophrenia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
    There is no standardization among the studios for how Digital Copy is implemented. Fox and Lionsgate support both WMV and iTunes. Warner/New Line only support WMV. Sony's version of Digital Copy supports neither, and is only compatible with their own PS3 and PSP.
    well that makes me happy i'm a PC owner with videora, hopefully it will be able to convert these digital copies, now for Sony, someone needs to do something about those proprietary assholes, didn't they learn their lesson with Memory Stick or Mini-Discs or ATRAC etc...
    HDTV = Sharp Aquos LC32-GP1U
    Blu-ray Player=Playstation 3
    HD DVD Player=HD-A20
    = 230
    Latest Purchases = Traffic, Army of Shadows, 12 Angry Men
    = 15
    Final Purchase = Into the Wild

WB BDLive - squall4008, Disney BDLive - Guest 41775, PSN - squall4008
    A digital copy that won't work with an iPod?! Pointless. I was all for the idea of digital copies, but now I wish they would just go away. Geez.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndonuts View Post
    Word of warning: New Line digital copies do not work with Macs. Despite the picture of the computer on the instructions being a Mac.

Lame move, New Line.
    Who the hell even knows somebody that owns a Mac
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    I think that there's like 3 or 4 people in this thread alone that do. I've got a Macbook Pro, and an iPod Nano.
    This isn't 1996. Lots of people own Macs now..... because, you know, there are actually kind of good.

I own several.

Many of the forum members here use Macs.

My parents. My brother. Aunt, cousins, other realatives..... Many of my friends, random people I see at Starbucks.... half of the student body @ SDSU use Macs

There really are a lot of people w/Macs now.... especially since they use Intel and can boot into Windows and Linux.

And almost everyone in existence owns an iPod. For Warner/New Line to not support those is beyond idiotic. If it's WMV that also means it doesn't work with the Zune and a lot of the other personal media devices...... who is going to use this WMV file and what are they going to use it for exactly?
    Did it ever occur to you that this is not just a mac versus windows issue? I suppose not since you are so confused. Not only is it not compatible with the mac but also the most popular portable music/video player which is the iPod.

Also, because it is WMV and DRM'ed it is impossible to transcode to MP4 format for the iPod or PSP without cracking the DRM first.

Super-VHS, I agree with you that this is idiotic. Warner effectively defeats the main purpose for digital copy which is to give access to the majority of portable devices.

I'll chime in as a mac user with a MBP, iPod Touch and now a 3G iPhone all of which cannot playback this digital copy. I hope they either release a new version or one without the digital copy for a lower price.
    Last edited by aristotles; 07-29-2008 at 04:16 PM.
    PS3 60GB, 40” Sony BRAVIA KDL40W3000, SONY STRDG720 7.1 Receiver
    363 Blu-rays
    6 PS3 Games.