Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... Last>>

Default Recent 3D purchases

I just bought Tron Legacy 3D, but I want to watch Tron the Original Classic first to get the whole story.
    5 disc set.
    You better call Kenny Loggins. 'Cause you in the DANGER ZONE!
    Bought Megamind and The Shrek Collection last week off eBay.
    My mancave:

Display - Sony Bravia 3D 55HX800, Epson 3D 3020 (124")
    Players - Sony BDP-S570, Sony BDP-S590, Sony PS3 320GB
    Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd), MacBook Pro 17" i5 750GB

Portable Devices - iPad (4th gen A6 64GB), iPod Touch (5th gen A5 32GB)

"When your winning, fight like your losing"
    How was Megamind? I bought Despicable Me and it made me more cautious with blind buys.
    The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader and Battle Royale.

Narnia looks very good. BR mostly looks quite 2D though some scenes are better and there are some digital 3D effects added. Unfortunately no English subtitles.
    I bought Captain America the videogame, it's better than I though it would be, and great thread upgrayedd. I also preordered the movie Priest since it dropped to $24.99.
    My Home Theater: Pioneer VSX-1020-k ,7.1 Aperion Audio speaker system, Panasonic TC-P58VT25, Panasonic BDT100, PS3, XBOX360 Elite
    Gamertag KALEL 29
    Now playing: DMC: Devil May Cry
    PS3 ID Kalel29
    Now playing: Ni No Kuni
    most recently watched: Judge Dredd
    Quote Originally Posted by kalel1974 View Post
    I bought Captain America the videogame, it's better than I though it would be, and great thread upgrayedd. I also preordered the movie Priest since it dropped to $24.99.
    Thanks Kal, I am playing Captain America too, finally stopped DCU (for now). I totally forgot Cap is 3D, have you tried this yet? I am enjoying the game also, I had my expectations lowered because of the whole recent Sega game history (Iron Man) so I really was surprised. Wish they had co-op with Bucky or the original Human Torch.
    Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    How was Megamind? I bought Despicable Me and it made me more cautious with blind buys.
    Megamind had some good depth in most scenes. Really not a lot of pop. More enjoyable in 3D,imo.

Shrek looked fantastic.

I thank you as well upgrayedd. Glad you started this thread.

Anybody planning on getting Rio 3D next Tuesday??
    My mancave:

Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd), MacBook Pro 17" i5 750GB

not buying Rio. my next 3D title will be Priest.
    IBdiscredited. IBbetteroff. IBelsewhere.
    I put the sex in schizophrenia.
    Quote Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
    not buying Rio. my next 3D title will be Priest.
    I hear ya. I am getting a bit tired of animated 3D flicks....but my daughter is insisting on it,lol.

I intend on getting Priest as well.
    My mancave:

i tire of fucking dance sequences in every fucking CG animation. if it isn't in the film, it's an easter egg. so...i'm avoiding Rio like the plague, since that's the element of the film the trailer i saw focussed on. fuck that noise.

would go for narnia 3d if i didn't already own it. since i do, and i loathe the ice age series, my choices are slim. slimmer that the 19.99 msrp on Final Destination 4 was a typo, and it's 39.99 msrp on amazon again.
    IBdiscredited. IBbetteroff. IBelsewhere.
    I put the sex in schizophrenia.
    I got my Samsung 51" D550 last week, so I just got Piranha 3D, Tron Legacy 3D, Alice in Wonderland 3D, waiting on Samsung starter kit to come in with Shrek 1-3 and vouchers for Shrek 4 and Megamind. I think I am going to puick up Drive Angry 3D friday.

One question I have for you guys is what is the best way to get exclusives? I was lucky to find Alice in Wonderland for $14 unopened and shipped, but I still want Avatar, Monsters vs Aliens, and How to Train your Dragon. Do you guys just scour ebay or have you had any luck with local stores like Fye, Vintage Stock, other preowned stores?
    BOOMER SOONER

Equipment:
    Optoma HD33
    Epson 8100 (Backup)
    Samsung PN51D550
    Receiver- Denon AVR-1912
    Backup reciever-Onkyo TX-SR605
    Blu-ray-PS3
    HD-DVD-Xbox 360 w/hd player
    Directv-hr21 hd/dvr

Blu-Ray count:90+
    3D Blu-ray count: 27+
    HD-DVD count:24

TUCK FEXAS
    Picked up Piranha 3D at the Borders clearance sale over the weekend. They also had Polar Express and Legend of the Guardians, but I couldn't bring myself to buy either of those.
    Josh Z
    Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
    Curator, Laserdisc Forever
    My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
    Picked up Ice Age and Rio.

Not sure if I will get Priest when it is released. Did not appeal to me in theaters, but lack of live action 3D may change my mind. But I usually end up selling most of those because as good as the 3D is (looking at you Resident Evil and Piranha) the movies have not been that great. So far the only live action I have kept are Tron and Green Hornet and I may end up getting rid of GH. Keeping Tron though.
    Just got the Final Destination. Haven't watched it yet, but I expect it will be on par with My Bloody Valentine. Might get Priest for $25. It was ok - decent creatures, bit kind of anti-climactic. 3d was post processed and it looked it in the digital theater I was in. About on par with Clash of the Titans. If you're new to 3D, I would recommend Resident Evil- Afterlife. Really explosive scenes.
    Here are some pics of what I have so far. Below is my 73" Mitsubishi WD-73638. It's affectionately named Hugo.

And below is my 3D Blu-Ray collection thus far. More will most likely be added today or tomorrow now that Final Destination, Rio, Ice Age and (thinking about it) Narnia are out.

Last edited by iamtheraceman; 08-03-2011 at 05:43 AM.
    Mitsubishi WD-73638 73-Inch 3D-Ready DLP HDTV
    PlayStation 3
    MonsterVision Max 3D Glasses

3D Movies Owned: Tron: Legacy, Alice in Wonderland, Tangled, A Christmas Carol, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Sanctum, The Green Hornet, Monster House, Coraline, Yogi Bear, My Bloody Valentine, Megamind, Bolt, Avatar, Monsters Vs. Aliens, Shrek: The Complete Collection, How To Train Your Dragon, Despicable Me