Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast
    kalel1974 is offline Member

Default What 3D movie did you just watch?

I didn't see a thread for us 3D enthusiast to discuss what movies we had just watched. I thought that it might be helpful, and fun to rate what we had recently watched.

I just watched Resident Evil Afterlife. I thought that the 3D was pretty strong, but the movie was my third favorite in the series. Ther were a couple of parts that I thought that I was going to have to wipe the blood off of my glasses. The only thing that really kind of bugged me was that there seemed to be a slow motion scene like every five seconds.
    Last edited by kalel1974; 01-13-2011 at 11:47 PM.
    My Home Theater: Pioneer VSX-1020-k ,7.1 Aperion Audio speaker system, Panasonic TC-P58VT25, Panasonic BDT100, PS3, XBOX360 Elite
    Gamertag KALEL 29
    Now playing: DMC: Devil May Cry
    PS3 ID Kalel29
    Now playing: Ni No Kuni
    most recently watched: Judge Dredd

taygan315 is offline Member

Great idea for a thread kalel!! Here are the ones I have seen (just to keep up to date. scores reflect 3D effect):

Despicable Me: 8/10
    Alice In Wonderland: 7/10
    Resident Evil Afterlife: 10/10
    A Christmas Carol 10/10
    Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs: 7/10
    My mancave:

Display - Sony Bravia 3D 55HX800, Epson 3D 3020 (124")
    Players - Sony BDP-S570, Sony BDP-S590, Sony PS3 320GB
    Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd), MacBook Pro 17" i5 750GB

Portable Devices - iPad (4th gen A6 64GB), iPod Touch (5th gen A5 32GB)

"When your winning, fight like your losing"

Sluggo is offline Member

I wanna see Cloudy with a chance of Metallica! Heck with that Jonas Bros pap!!

Kailig is offline Member

I watched the 4min 3D Sports Illustrated Swimsuit commercial from the Playstation Network. Pretty decent 3D in some scenes.
    Last edited by Kailig; 01-13-2011 at 01:58 PM.

Radagaster is offline Member

You know. I started watching Resident Evil Afterlife, and was running into synch problems of the movie menu to my Panasonic BD player and TV. Not sure if the movie is meant to show up that way.

Blu-News.com is offline Always SpartanJohnson

Which player are you using?
    A Nightmare on Elm Street Blu-ray Reviewwww.blu-news.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kailig View Post
    I watched the 4min 3D Sports Illustrated Swimsuit commercial from the Playstation Network. Pretty decent 3D in some scenes.
    I was going to que that up myself, but felt weird with my wife and kids nearby. I don't have alot of 3D stuff to watch yet, so I'm starving for content. Hopefully I will get my new cable box tomorrow so I can catch me some sports in 3D, although most of the sports on ESPN right now would be basketball. I really hate basketball! I wish I would of picked up the tv a few months ago so I could of watched some college football.
    My Home Theater: Pioneer VSX-1020-k ,7.1 Aperion Audio speaker system, Panasonic TC-P58VT25, Panasonic BDT100, PS3, XBOX360 Elite
    Gamertag KALEL 29
    PS3 ID Kalel29

Loved the 3D in RE, I will probably be watching Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs this weekend, I bought it for my daughters birthday. Does Alice bring anything new to the table. I have never really liked the story that much, but with the lack of live action 3D content, I was thinking of picking it up. I like almost everything Johnny Depp has done, except Willy Wonka.
    Quote Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
    Great idea for a thread kalel!! Here are the ones I have seen (just to keep up to date. scores reflect 3D effect):

Despicable Me: 8/10
    Alice In Wonderland: 7/10
    Resident Evil Afterlife: 10/10
    A Christmas Carol 10/10
    Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs: 7/10
    Gamertag KALEL 29
    PS3 ID Kalel29

project-blu is offline Former Member
    I'm not here. I'm elsewhere. Don't celebrate, I'm not dead yet.

i won't grade discs in here, as that's what reviews are for, but i think discs are getting better, and fast. Disney is going to be an absolute juggernaut in 3d, and Paramount will be like a stick fence standing in its way. we need to get some catalog going, though, as content is still the killer. the back catalog conversions need to come out, and fast, if this format is going to make it. the new releases being locked up doesn't help one bit.
    Tumbleweeds.

Tumbleweeds everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
    i won't grade discs in here, as that's what reviews are for, but i think discs are getting better, and fast. Disney is going to be an absolute juggernaut in 3d, and Paramount will be like a stick fence standing in its way. we need to get some catalog going, though, as content is still the killer. the back catalog conversions need to come out, and fast, if this format is going to make it. the new releases being locked up doesn't help one bit.
    That's fine if you don't want to grade disc in here, just say what you like about it. I would think that the more opinions the better, besides I thought that's what forums were for, to discuss what you think about certain subjects. I see people grading stuff all the time in the other threads. On the other subjects I too hope that Disney is going to be big into 3D, I need Tron!!! I would like to see the Creature From The Black Lagoon again in 3D. That movie was the first time that I had ever seen 3D of any kind, after that it was Jaws 3 .
    Gamertag KALEL 29
    PS3 ID Kalel29

project-blu is offline Former Member
    I'm not here. I'm elsewhere. Don't celebrate, I'm not dead yet.

Tron won't be an exclusive, so we'll see it day and date. w00t.

Step Up 3D, i liked the clarity, depth of picture, and sheer amount of 3D on display. it's pretty nuts.
    Tumbleweeds.

Tumbleweeds everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
    Tron won't be an exclusive, so we'll see it day and date. w00t.

Step Up 3D, i liked the clarity, depth of picture, and sheer amount of 3D on display. it's pretty nuts.
    I keep hearing that Step Up 3D is amazing, I just can't bring my self to watch a dance movie.
    Gamertag KALEL 29
    PS3 ID Kalel29

Just got my 3D TV today a Samsung PN50C7000 and absolutely love it, My wife and i tried it out with Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole 3D and it was great very good 3D effects and great story and then we tried out the 2D->3D upconvert on an episode of No Ordinary Family and Castle both via Hulu and they looked great as well not as much depth as the Native 3D but still very cool. And then we tried out the PS3 with Motorstorm: Rift 3D and they was wicked cool. And then again tried the 2D->3D upconvert on Uncharted 2 and it looked awesome as well again not as much depth but still much more than without the 3D And now I Just finished watching Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D and it was very well done the 3D looked great.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadwolfe911 View Post
    Just got my 3D TV today a Samsung PN50C7000 and absolutely love it, then we tried out the 2D->3D upconvert on an episode of No Ordinary Family and Castle both via Hulu and they looked great as well not as much depth as the Native 3D but still very cool.
    wolf its a faboulous 3DTV set.. thats what i have as well.. im not too impress with the 2D>3D converter though.. it does add depth but not as much.. i only find the converter to be decent on sports.. ill mess around with the converter a lil more and see if i can find something else worth converting.. once i calibrated this TV set it makes me not want to use my LCD's anymore lol

Quote Originally Posted by chameleontongue View Post
    wolf its a faboulous 3DTV set.. thats what i have as well.. im not too impress with the 2D>3D converter though.. it does add depth but not as much.. i only find the converter to be decent on sports.. ill mess around with the converter a lil more and see if i can find something else worth converting.. once i calibrated this TV set it makes me not want to use my LCD's anymore lol
    This does seem to be a great set I have yet to calibrate it yet, I am waiting till after I get 100 hours into it have been keeping t on the lower settings just to be on safe side. Did you use a calibration Disc, if so which one did you use and how helpful was it. And yes the 2D>3D converter does not seem to add a whole lot it did make it a different experience with those shows, I don't think we will use it that way on a regular basis but I do see myself using it more frequently with gaming it seemed to do well with Uncharted 2, and I am thinking it will do pretty good with my CGI animation collection that is 2D, but have yet to really try that aspect out. I don't watch a lot of sports but I definitely am thinking I may have to do a little Super Bowl 3D Party this year.

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast