Page 30 of 47 << First ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... Last>>
    Just got done watching '407 Dark Flight' - Definitely better than I was expecting. Great depth and a great little ghost story, with many scary moments. There are a few parts where it feels like the movie kind of stalls (gets boring) which feel like they're just pushing to hit a minimum runtime or something, including the rather long ending, which could have been much shorter. Otherwise, a very nice purchase. I would recommend it.
    Hotel Transylvania. Decent 3D presentation. Some scenes had good depth and some not as much. Not the worst 3D, but nothing to write home about either. Just average.
    My mancave:

Display - Sony Bravia 3D 55HX800, Epson 3D 3020 (124")
    Players - Sony BDP-S570, Sony BDP-S590, Sony PS3 320GB
    Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd), MacBook Pro 17" i5 750GB

Portable Devices - iPad (4th gen A6 64GB), iPod Touch (5th gen A5 32GB)

"When your winning, fight like your losing"
    Universal Soldier Day of Reckoning

Nothing really pops out too much besides Van Damme and Adkin's noses in a couple scenes. Bad ass very violent flick though. Hope more are made.
    Tangled (on the Epson). Love rewatching my 3D collection on my Epson for the first time. Different viewing experience.
    My mancave:

Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd), MacBook Pro 17" i5 750GB

Watched Bloody Mary 3D tonight. Great depth but not a great movie, nor was the video quality or lighting very good. It also wasn't scary at all. Pretty much a crap movie.
    Watched Wolfhound tonight, the 'first' Russian 3D film... This film is a mixed bag.. I mean... it's actually a great movie, possibly 20-30 minutes too long, but what messes it up is the video quality, lighting, and lack of depth. There are times when there is subtle depth, but mostly, there is just about no depth.

Let's just face it: this film is dark, even in the daylight shots. At about five minutes into the film, there is a scene in a mine for about 15 or more minutes. Well, you hear a lot of stuff, and you can see flames between the darkness, but you can't really tell what the hell is going on. While that is the darkest scene in the movie, there are plenty of night shots where it's also hard to make out what's happening. It really seems like they put in some special effects, especially near the end of the film, that just were for nothing because of this issue. This film needs to be mastered again, with the contrast and brightness settings adjusted...

When will directors in other countries learn proper lighting techniques? Is it a Hollywood secret how to get your video quality and brightness correct?

In essence, this is kind of like a clone of the original Conan the Barbarian. Between that and all of the video issues, I can't really recommend this to anyone.
    Resident Evil: Afterlife
    My mancave:

Silent Hill: Revelation. TERRIFIC 3D presentation. Great depth and detail.....with a few pop outs for good measure. Movie itself was a bit too dark for my tastes but I bought this or the 3D and was satisfied (EXTREMELY) in that regard.

I know 2013 is still in its infancy....but this is the 3D title to beat this year (currently).
    My mancave:

IMAX Dinosaurs: Giants Of Patagonia. 40 minutes is just not long enough....otherwise a great 3D doc.
    My mancave:

Quote Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
    Silent Hill: Revelation. TERRIFIC 3D presentation. Great depth and detail.....with a few pop outs for good measure. Movie itself was a bit too dark for my tastes but I bought this or the 3D and was satisfied (EXTREMELY) in that regard.

I know 2013 is still in its infancy....but this is the 3D title to beat this year (currently).
    How is the 3d compared to the two RE movies in your opinion? I keep reading GREAT reviews on the 3d of Silent Hill and am VERY tempted to grab it. I really enjoyed the first movie as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddS View Post
    How is the 3d compared to the two RE movies in your opinion? I keep reading GREAT reviews on the 3d of Silent Hill and am VERY tempted to grab it. I really enjoyed the first movie as well.
    Hmmm...I think the 3D in SH is better than RE: R (considerably) and better than RE: A (by a smaller margin..but still better).

I have never seen the first Silent Hill. So...if you enjoyed the first one, I would think you will like this one just as much..if not more...because of the great 3D. Depth is truly AMAZING.

I will say this though: As much as the 3D is great in this flick..$30 is pretty steep for this title (and that price is the first week release price!). I was lucky enough to use a gift card that I got for Christmas and I got Silent Hill: R (3D) and Skyfall on blu-ray for a grand total of $1.11 out of pocket,lol!! Love it when gift cards take the hit and not part of your paycheck or wallet,lol
    My mancave:

Hmmm...I think the 3D in SH is better than RE: R (considerably) and better than RE: A (by a smaller margin..but still better).

I have never seen the first Silent Hill. So...if you enjoyed the first one, I would think you will like this one just as much..if not more...because of the great 3D. Depth is truly AMAZING.

I will say this though: As much as the 3D is great in this flick..$30 is pretty steep for this title (and that price is the first week release price!). I was lucky enough to use a gift card that I got for Christmas and I got Silent Hill: R (3D) and Skyfall on blu-ray for a grand total of $1.11 out of pocket,lol!! Love it when gift cards take the hit and not part of your paycheck or wallet,lol
    Thanks, sounds good. Yeah, the price is a bit high! I have a gift card as well, so not too worried about the price. Now if it was my own money, I would definitely wait for a price drop.
    I'm glad you were able to find someone selling it early. It isn't officially released until February 26th on 3D according to best buy, walmart, and amazon, but I did go into walmart earlier this evening just to see if they slipped any out. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any...

I've had it for a couple of months, but finally got around to watching "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter". I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this one, but the 3D was pretty good - not the best I've seen (that's still reserved for Avatar), but there was some decent depth and certainly enough pop-out with the gimmick-y kind of shots. The movie wasn't bad either - this was a blind buy, and I have to admit I liked it more than I thought I would.
    Oppo BDP-103
    Toshiba HD-A35
    Panasonic TC-P55VT50
    Onkyo TX-SR705
    Blu-Rays: Stopped counting after 300
    HD DVDs: 75
    Silent Hill: Revelation..